|Hof University of Applied Sciences||3 Semesters|
|Master of Science||Onsite|
Digitalization is not just about converting analog information to a digital format but includes changing business models, providing services around products, and open innovation. In a world where fast time to market is increasingly important, corporations are well-advised to listen to their customers for suggestions for improvement or new products and work closely together with universities and research labs to incorporate the latest technologies that help them to fulfill their customers’ needs.
If you want to become part of this action and help bring results from foundational research to practical use while gaining work experience at local enterprises in upper Franconia and its surrounding area, then this Master’s study program is right for you.
- New Technologies in Computer Science
- Design Science Approaches in Computer Science Research
- Behavioral Approaches in Computer Science Research
- Designing and Developing Business Models
- Project seminar
- Research project
Electives (choose two):
- Security of Information Systems
- Data Engineering and Analysis Methods
- Mixed Media (AR, VR, MR)
- IoT Architectures
- Security research seminar
- Information Structuring and Visualisation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, media informatics, mobile computing or business information systems, or comparable study programs (Please note: electrical engineering is NOT in compliance with the requirements.)
- Above-average grades in object-oriented programming, software engineering, computer networks, and databases
- A written application that includes your Bachelor’s thesis, a certification about an internship or practical work of at least 18 weeks, and a two-page literature review about a scientific topic of one of the Unisys research groups
- Oral exam with questions and discussion of a case study presented by you (can be done via video chat)
Free Of Cost
Applicants must be proficient in English. This can be proven with one of the following:
- TOEFL minimum 90 (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- IELTS 6.5 or above (International English Language Testing Systems)
- confirmation that the Bachelor’s program was taught completely in the English language
In addition: Basic language skills in German, proven by official test score documents – minimum level A1 according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Founded in 1994, our university offers a very attractive study environment with its modern architecture and its state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and dormitories. You will receive a first-class, hands-on education here.
We offer modern Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in the Departments of Business, Computer Science, and Engineering. Our programs meet the demands of the industry. Additionally, the Institute for Continuing Education offers both full-time and part-time further education opportunities.
- 5 November – 30 November for the following summer semester
- 15 April – 31 May for the following winter semester