|Jacobs University Bremen||6 Semesters|
|Bachelor of Science||Onsite|
Computer Science lies at the core of all modern industries, as computer systems and information technology are the basis for almost all of today’s production processes. Computer technology changes constantly, but there are a number of fundamental principles underlying these technologies. The Computer Science programme at Jacobs University focuses on understanding these principles and their application in practice. In addition to courses dealing with core competencies (programming, software engineering, foundations of computer science), you will cover mathematics (calculus, linear algebra, and statistics) and take courses in engineering and sciences whilst also conducting guided research.
All programs are individually structured. Every student is assigned to a specific professor within the programme or an adjacent program for academic advice. The goal of academic advising is to provide detailed information to students concerning the program of study and to help students manage their time at university to their best advantage.
- International guest lecturers
- Training in intercultural skills
- International comparisons and thematic reference to the international context
- Language training provided
The internship program is a core element of Jacobs University’s employability approach. It includes a mandatory internship (minimum of eight weeks full-time), which provides insight into the labor market as well as practical work experience related to the respective area of study. Successful internships may initiate career opportunities for students. For more information, please contact the Career Services Center (https://www.jacobs-university.de/career-services).
Faculty of Computer Science at Jacobs University Bremen
Academic Admission Requirements
- Completed application form – The Common Application: https://www.commonapp.org/
- one recommendation letter from a school official (usually a school counselor or principal)
- school transcripts of the last two to three years
- results of your standardized test(s) (SAT, ACT, TestAS)
- results of your language proficiency test(s) (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, Duolingo, etc.)
A list of all accepted English language proficiency tests and the minimum scores can be found here: https://www.jacobs-university.de/study/undergraduate/application-information
Jacobs University is a highly selective, international, residential university with English-language instruction. More than 70% of our students come from countries other than Germany, and we host students from over 110 nations. This plurality allows our community to break down cultural barriers and create a community where no one group constitutes a majority. Instead, students from all over the world live and study together on our lush, 34-hectare campus.
To be considered for admission to an undergraduate program, you need to apply by the following deadlines:
– Early decision: application due by 1 November
– Early action I: application due by 1 December
– Early action II: application due by 1 February
– Application due by 1 June for international students (who require a visa to enter and study in Germany)
– Application due by 20 July for EU/EEA citizens and citizens who do not require a visa
For more information, please check our website: https://www.jacobs-university.de/study/undergraduate/application-information