|Leuphana University of Lüneburg||6 Semesters|
In the Digital Media major, you will learn how to analyze ideas, technologies, and histories of digital media and how to develop your own practical projects.
The Digital Media major is structured in four strands. The first strand consists of a thorough engagement with the history and analysis of digital media in general.
In the second strand, you analyze particular elements of media cultures, such as digital video, digital audio, or Internet culture.
In the third strand, you learn hands-on skills and develop your own practical projects. All this is completed by the fourth strand, which looks at digital media from a technical angle.
The Bachelor’s degree program at Leuphana College consists of four basic elements: the Digital Media major (90 ECTS credits), the minor (30 ECTS credits), the Leuphana Semester (30 ECTS credits), and the Complementary Studies (30 ECTS credits).
The Bachelor’s degree program in Digital Media begins with the Leuphana Semester, during which you learn the methodological and disciplinary foundations of your academic specialization in digital media.
From the second semester, your Bachelor’s program is divided into the Digital Media major, a minor of your choice (e.g., Popular Music Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, and Society or Sustainability Science), and Complementary Studies.
In Complementary Studies, you can try out new ways of working and thinking from other disciplines, allowing you to expand your interdisciplinary skills.
Applicants whose first language is not English must prove sufficient knowledge of the English language.
Applicants can prove their language abilities in one of the following various ways:
- bypassing the TOEFL (computer-based test) with a minimum score of 97 points
- bypassing the TOEIC (four skills test) with a minimum score of 850 points (listening and reading) and 340 points (speaking & writing)
- bypassing the IELTS (academic test version) with a minimum score of 6.5 points
- bypassing the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) exam with a grade B
- bypassing the Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) exam with a grade A
- a certificate from an English-speaking school that entitles the holder to study in the respective country
The Leuphana University of Lüneburg is one of Germany’s landmark universities for higher education reform and innovation. With about 9,900 students and 160 full professors, the university has developed a highly respected academic profile. Today, Leuphana University is regarded as a model institution for inter- and transdisciplinary research, academic organization, innovation in teaching, and academic transfer.
Leuphana University consists of three organizational units focussing on the needs of different academic constituencies: the college, which offers specialized and interdisciplinary Bachelor’s programs, the Graduate School with its consecutive Master’s and doctoral programs, and the professional school, focussing on continuing education and knowledge transfer.
Leuphana University’s mission derives from the very idea of academic education as enabling an individual to live in a self-determined manner and also to take part in shaping society. Leuphana follows the mission of being a humanistic, sustainable, and proactive university.
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg
c/o uni-assist e.V.
- Applicants with international university entrance certificate
- Applicants with German university entrance certificate, e.g., Feststellungsprüfung am Studienkolleg