Plagiarism is the process of transgression which refers to turning in someone else’s work as your own. Basically, copying large pieces of text from a source without citing that source is termed plagiarism. However, plagiarism tools are the software that searches the web for duplicate textual content. They are the modern tools that we use to detect the portions of duplicate content in everything from research journals to site content. Moreover, they are quick, exact, and can work in numerous languages. With the help of plagiarism tools, we can easily find out the copied or duplicate content. The way that plagiarism detection software works are to identify content similarity matches. That is, the software scans a database of crawled content and identifies the text components, and then compares it to the content, of other work. In this article, I will illustrate the top 10 best free plagiarism tools for students.
1. Pro Writing Aid
ProWritingAid is the best free plagiarism tool for students. It is a premium grammar checker and style editor for bloggers, novelists, and business writers. However, this editing software helps users eliminate errors, optimize word choice and edit grammar and punctuation faster.
- Better writing in less time.
- Improve the Style and Strength of your Writing.
- Learn as you edit.
- Eliminate embarrassing errors.
- Find the right words.
- Better integrations saves your time.
- Data visualization provides in-Depth understanding.
To know in detail about the best plagiarism tool Pro Writing Aid, visit their official website.
Grammarly Premium is a paid upgrade that offers over 400 types of checks and features, checks for grammatical errors, provides vocabulary enhancement suggestions, detects plagiarism, and provides citation suggestions. However, the Free Grammarly version equips you to spot and fix misspelled words, imperfect grammar, and punctuation mistakes. Moreover, Grammarly Premium does all that and a whole lot more—all in service of taking your writing from good to great.
- Checks grammar, spelling, and punctuation accurately.
- Integrates Browser, Gdocs, and MS Word.
- Functions as personal dictionary.
- Encrypts 256-bit AES & SSL/TLS for your documents.
- However, only one can be the user of per account.
- Moreover, it is available on mobile.
3. Whitesmoke Plagiarism Checker
The WhiteSmoke Plagiarism Checker is here to help you make sure your text is unique. However, the Checker can detect plagiarism in your blog posts, articles, research pages, websites, and much more. Moreover, WhiteSmoke offers a fast, accurate and reliable service that scans billions of websites online to make sure your text is authentic.
- Fully integrates with Microsoft Word & Outlook.
- Checks Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation.
- Detects more errors than any alternative tool.
- Checks plagiarism in a way that compares your text to texts online.
- Translates full text for over 50 languages.
- Compatible with windows and all browsers.
Turnitin allows submitted papers to be analyzed against their database to determine the amount of original and referenced content. This tool is useful in deterring plagiarism in the academic setting. However, Turnitin’s database retains all submissions allowed by other instructors, therefore expanding every time it is used. Moreover, originality reports allow instructors to determine original sources and correct the citing of references.
- The document highlights referenced or non-original content.
- However, the similarity percentage displayed in the top-right corner shows the amount of referenced content compared to real content.
- Moreover, all the submission grades can be entered in the top-right corner.
5. Plagiarism Checker X
Plagiarism Checker X software is designed to detect duplicate content against your given documents/text that help the users (e.g. students, teachers, universities, colleges, writers, SEO agents, etc.) to check the originality of their content over plagiarized material. Moreover, users can test the software if they want to.
- Comprises Ai DeepSearch Technology.
- Supports more than 20 Languages.
- Contains Lifetime License.
- Has Dual 2x Speed.
- Accumulates increased 26% accuracy.
- Possesses unlimited scanning.
- Guarantees Data Protection.
- Used in 80+ Countries.
- Has enhanced compatibility.
Copyscape is one of the best free plagiarism tools for students. It provides a free service that lets you easily search for plagiarism online and identify instances of content theft. However, you just have to simply type in the URL of your original content, and Copyscape does the rest. Moreover, Copyscape offers professional services for more advanced needs. It’s an efficient as well as reliable tool and very easy to use.
- Copyscape provides a free plagiarism checker for finding copies of your web pages online, as well as two more powerful professional solutions for preventing content theft and content fraud.
- However, it provides comprehensive protection for your website by automatically scanning the web daily or weekly and emailing you when new copies of your content are found.
- Moreover, Copyscape offers free plagiarism warning banners for your website to warn potential plagiarists against stealing your content, a free tool to compare two web pages or articles, and a comprehensive guide to dealing with plagiarism.
Is Plagiarism a crime?
Generally, plagiarism is not in itself a crime, but counterfeiting fraud can be punished in a court for prejudices caused by copyright infringement, violation of moral rights, or torts. However, in academia and industry, it is a serious ethical offense.
How many types of plagiarism are there?
There are 6 types of Plagiarism
How can you avoid plagiarism?
Consistently cite your sources. If you are not pretty much sure as to whether you should or should not cite a particular claim or reference, you should probably cite your source.
So, to envisage the above writing, I would like to recapitulate that a plagiarism checker helps you remove badly rephrased phrases by matching them in online repositories. Basically, a plagiarism checker tool provides accurate results within seconds of running the test, enabling the checker to establish the authenticity of work. However, nearly all the tools out there use their unique algorithms to test large chunks of texts against indexed web pages. Hence, for ensuring proper rights of people and legitimacy of other’s work, Plagiarism tools are of great significance. Moreover, it’s really convenient and useful for students to ensure transparency in their writings. Therefore, if you find this article interesting and informative one then spread up the articles of this website in social media. Good luck.