Do you want to study BBA in Germany? You may have heard people telling you that Germany is the best place for studying computer science, engineering, physics, chemistry and so on. But when it comes to business courses, especially bachelor’s in business courses, you might come across some negative views.
Besides, some people might tell you not to study BBA in Germany because it is not worth it. Let me shed some practical light on this. By the end of this article, I am pretty much sure that you will be super interested to embark on your BBA journey in Germany. So, here are some primary reasons to study BBA in Germany.
Affordable cost coupled with a high-quality education
In my previous articles, I have emphasized on this matter. On top of that, studying BBA in other countries can be quite expensive. Even you have to pump a hefty sum to finish your BBA from a mid-tier university. But Germany has a great reputation when it comes to ensuring the highest quality of education. It doesn’t matter whether you are studying in big cities like Berlin or Munich or small cities like Saarland, you will receive the same quality of education. Although you do not have to pay tuition fees in public universities, but private universities do charge a handsome amount.
A land of opportunities!
Germany’s industrial economy is booming at a tremendous pace. Because Germany is home to some of the biggest automobile companies in the world. Furthermore, these companies employ thousands of students every year, who have degrees in management, marketing and finance, and related fields. Besides, businesses are constantly looking for those who can fit into administrative roles.
What’s more, in the final year of the BBA in Germany, you will have the opportunity to work in some giant companies, resulting in hands-on experience and necessary exposure.
BBA Course format
BBA in Germany is mainly a 3 or 3.5-year degree offered by many public and private universities all throughout Germany. But, this course is mostly offered as BSc or BA degree in Germany. This course focuses on growing leadership skills, mastering effective communication, understanding human behavior, and the global economy. Besides, subjects that you have to study as a BBA student include Accountancy, Finance, Management, Marketing, Business administration, etc.
Requirements for admission
As an international student, if you wish to pursue a bachelor’s program in business administration, you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria. But the requirements vary from university to university, this is the list of German universities. In general, these are factors that you must meet to get admission to a German university.
• To get direct admission in Bachelor’s programs, you have to successfully complete the first year of a bachelor’s program from a recognized university in your own country.
• Or you have to go through Studienkolleg (foundation course) in Germany. To know details about Studienkolleg, you can visit their official website.
• If the course is taught in English, you will need IELTS with a score of 6/6.5 overall depending on the university.
• But if the course is in the German language, you will be needed to show the B1/B2 or even C1 level of your German proficiency. Visit our website for more information.
Application deadlines in Germany
You have come this far, meaning you are ready to apply to BBA. But when? Well, let me tell you then. There are basically two intakes in Germany, winter, and summer. The application for the winter session runs from June 1 to July 15 (deadlines may vary in the case of some universities). This session welcomes the highest number of international students. Moreover, you will find far more English programs in the winter semester than in the summer semester. But the application period for the summer semester runs from December 1 to January 15. Students are encouraged to apply in the winter semester and as early as possible.
Some of the best business courses in Germany.
Finding bachelor’s subjects in the English language can be quite daunting. I have collected some of the best business courses offered in the English language, that too free of cost.
1. Business Administration with Informatics, South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences • Soest
2. Bachelor International Business (BIB), HTW Berlin • Berlin
3. International Business & Management (IBM), Fulda University of Applied Sciences • Fulda
4. Bachelor in International Business, Technische Hochschule Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm • Nürnberg
5. International Business and Management, BA, Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences • Kleve
6. International Business Management, Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin • Berlin
7. Global Business and Economics (Bachelor of Science), FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences • Aachen
8. International Business Administration (BA), Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences • Kamp-Lintfort
9. International Business (BA) full-time, OTH Amberg-Weiden • Weiden in der Oberpfalz
10. Bachelor in Management & Technology, English Track (BSc), Technische Universität München • München
That’s all for today, if you want to know more about bachelor’s education in Germany just click here.