South Korea exists in the list of international students’ preferences in higher education. Due to scholarships, improved education system, clean environment, as well as various facilities, students tend to study universities in Korea. Likewise every year, this year the Korean government has introduced undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D., post-graduate applications for students under the Global Korea Scholarship-2021 (GKS-2021) to promote its education system as a brand with the outside world and maintain good friendly relations with other countries. However, let us know the details about this scholarship through the article. So, stay tuned till the end.
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study higher educational institutions in Korea at graduate-level degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. Moreover, the National Institute for International Education (NIIED) of the Government of the Republic of Korea offers this grant.
The mission of Global Scholarship
1. Exchange of international standards in the field of education and promotion of mutual friendship between the participating countries.
2. To provide opportunities for international students to pursue advanced studies in undergraduate as well as graduate programs in higher education institutions in the Republic of Korea.
Number of Scholarship
1. Round trip airfare.
2. KRW 200,000 will be given as a settlement allowance.
3. As a monthly allowance, students of each degree program will be given KRW 800,000 and 1.5 million KRW for research programs.
4. Free 1-year Korean language learning opportunity.
5. In addition, 20,000 KRW per month will be paid as medical insurance.
- The age of those who have applied for graduation cannot be more than 25 years and those who have applied for postgraduate cannot be more than 40 years.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship. Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Moreover, those who have already completed a degree in Korea will not be able to apply for this scholarship.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate must be completed before December 31, 2020, from appliers home country.
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Research program applicants must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities and must meet the criteria below:
– Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a Doctoral degree (by 28 February 2021)
-Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master’s degree or higher and must be teaching at a university as a professor.
-Program for Education Science Culture International Cooperation Professionals: Must hold a Master’s degree or higher and must be a professional in a field of
Education, Science, Culture or International Cooperation (E.S.C.I)
- Overall, applicants have to be physically and mentally fit and healthy.
1. Application form
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. GSK Applicant Agreement
4. Personal medical assessment
5. All academic transcripts as well as certificates
6. Proof of own home country citizenship of the applicant and his parents
7. Finally the language proficiency certificate, for example, TOPIK / TOEFL or IELTS certificate (if any)