|University of Queensland||2 Years|
|Master of Agricultural Science||Onsite|
Studying agriculture in Australia means that working in an important industry that is both considered to be fast-moving and cutting-edge. For those international students who love animals, plants or soil then studying agricultural science may be the right degree for them. Agriculture teaches students the principles of farming and various agricultural practices. If you are looking for a career that touches all disciplines, including science, in a fast-paced environment that will touch people’s lives around the world, you can take a degree in agricultural science from any reputed university. In this case, you can consider one of the leading universities in Australia which is the University of Queensland.
Why Study at University of Queensland?
Study at the University of Queensland is a matter of great veneration since it is ranked number one in Australia in agriculture, for both research and teaching outcomes. Students learn from research academics who are world leaders in their disciplines, with access to extensive specialist research facilities across two campuses. After graduation students must expose to the latest advances in agricultural science, including precision agriculture techniques, genetic technologies, and sustainable resource management. Moreover, they can sharpen their skills through field visits and laboratory practicals as part of their courses.
The indicative annual fee of enrolling in the Master of Agricultural Science is AUD $43,456 for international students.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, or
- A graduate certificate (or equivalent) in agricultural science, or
- To have successfully completed at least 3 years of study towards an approved qualification at an overseas partner institution, with a formal pathway to the Master of Agricultural Science.
- Applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 on a 7-point scale in their previous qualification.
- IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ TOEFL IBT – Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19. TOEFL PB – Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5. Pearsons – Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands. BE – A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills. CES – Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands. OET is not accepted.
All international applications should submit to UQ. If you prefer, you can use an approved UQ agent in your country. For further clarification, you can wander the university’s official web link.
The closing date for this program is:
- To commence study in semester 2 – May 31 of the year of commencement.
- To commence study in semester 1 – November 30 of the previous year.