|Hochschule Niederrhein - University of Applied Sciences||7 Semesters|
|Bachelor of Science in Textile and Clothing Management||Onsite|
This seven-semester Bachelor’s degree program offers an impressive curriculum of subjects in textile and clothing technology and related fields such as chemistry, design, and technical textiles and subjects in management and business administration like controlling, fashion retailing logistics, eCommerce and marketing.
Under the instruction of internationally renowned professors and scientific and well-educated staff, the course guarantees a scientific education oriented on the demands of industrial branches and international business. The course program is completely taught in English.
The Bachelor’s course consists of five parts:
10% Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Information Technology
30% Textile Technology covering the complete textile chain
30% Management and Business Administration
25% of Clothing Technology
5% additional subjects like Design, Communication and Intercultural Management
In addition to that, English language skills are offered (Technical and Business English) as well as practical training in different labs (Spinning, Weaving, Knitting, Sewing, Finishing, Colour Printing of Textiles, CAD systems, Quality Testing).
Study work and two project works are obligatory in addition to an internship or a study semester abroad. Soft skills are offered in seminars/workshops to increase general competencies.
- Semester one: Basics of Textiles, Textile Materials, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Communication and Teamwork, Professional English, Basics of Clothing
- Semester two: Basics of Clothing, Business Sciences, Computer Applications, Organisation, Communication and Teamwork, Natural Sciences
- Semester three: Information Technology, Accounting, Law, Textile Technology, Finishing, Quality Control, Project
- Semester four: Electives (five subjects chosen from Management, Textile, Clothing, and Design), Study Work
- Semester five: Electives (five subjects chosen from Management, Textile, Clothing, and Design), Interdisciplinary Project
- Semester six: Internship (20 weeks) or study semester abroad
- Semester seven: Workshops (Scientific Methods, Final Thesis), Bachelor’s thesis and colloquium
- German entrance qualification for universities or equivalent (http://www.anabin.kmk.org).
- There is only a restricted number of study places for international students.
- The decision on the allocation of a university place will only be made after 15 July.
Free of Cost
Non-EU applicants via uni-assist: 15 June EU applicants: 15 July
Applicants must provide proof of their English skills, at least level B2.2 (CEFR)
- TOEFL (internet-based): 83
- IELTS: band 6.0
- or equivalent.
The Hochschule Niederrhein is one of the largest and top-performing universities for applied sciences in Germany. We open up perspectives, and with academic training that is geared to the future alongside problem-focused and transfer-oriented research, we ensure that our graduates are in demand on the labor market.
In the German university landscape, we are a renowned educational and research institution. With ten faculties, campuses in Krefeld and Mönchengladbach, and around 14,200 students, we are an important contact for companies from the region when it comes to research and transfer.
Our approximately 80 Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs cover a broad spectrum of subjects and are tailored to the needs of the region. The Krefeld South campus is the seat of the faculties of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Mechanical and Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Health Care. The faculties of Chemistry and Design are at home at the Krefeld West campus. Mönchengladbach is the seat of the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, the largest faculty of the university, as well as the faculties of Food, Nutrition and Hospitality Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, and Textile and Clothing Technology.
Non-EU applicants via uni-assist: 15 June
EU applicants: 15 July