Hungary is a Schengen country located in the center of Europe. The quality of education in the country is quite good and the acceptance of Hungarian degrees is everywhere. There are some universities that are far ahead in the world rankings. International students from these universities receive a variety of scholarships each year. Moreover, the Hungary government attracts foreign students from both EU and non-EU countries providing scholarship opportunities every year. Today in this write up I am going to discuss such a scholarship with the latest update that is the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship. Let’s get started.
Stipendium Hungaricum is a scholarship program for international students, founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013. Being the most prestigious higher education scholarship program of the Hungarian Government, this grant offers a wide range of courses for international students with an excellent academic track record. The program aims to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries. In the 2019-20 academic year, about 5,000 overseas students are studying in Hungary with undergraduate, graduate, one-tier masters, and doctorates under this scholarship.
To promote the internationalization of Hungarian higher education and to attract top international students from all around the world the scholarship program established. Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship offers to those who can establish personal and professional attachments to Hungary while enjoying high-quality education in the heart of Europe.
- Tuition-free education – Remission from the payment of the full tuition fees.
- Monthly stipend – For non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s, and one-tier master’s level the monthly amount of HUF 43,700 for living expenses in Hungary. Scholarship winners will receive this stipend for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies. Further, doctoral-level recipients will receive HUF 140,000 with the same duration.
- Accommodation contribution – Free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 100,000 once a year for each scholarship recipient.
It is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries. The scholarship is already available on five continents in approximately 70 countries, attracting more than 5000 international students each year. Applicants get offers more than 500 full degree programs, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programs. So, check your chance:
- International students who passed in the secondary stage of education with excellent as well as satisfactory grades.
- To apply for a fully-funded Hungary scholarship program, there is no need to take IELTS. Instead of you can provide alternate proof stating that your previous degree was taught in the English language. Nevertheless, some university’s language requirements can be IELTS or TOEFL.
- Citizens from these countries are eligible to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Scheme. For instance, Pakistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Egypt, Argentine, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Brazil, Nigeria, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lao, Lebanese, Mongolia, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Palestine, Algeria, China, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Colombia, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Namibia, Paraguay, Serbia, South Africa, Philippines, Myanmar, Turkey, Yemen, Russia, Vietnam, Israel, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Mexico. Students from Yemen are also eligible only if they are already staying in Hungary.
- Applicants must have a good health record with no major disease. Everyone has to consult a certified doctor to perform a medical examination. Then the report has to send to the Hungary Government Scholarship council online.
All applications have to submit through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application system and upload the required documents. Click here to visit the online registration interface as well as to know the scrutiny of the step by step application measures.
Deadline: Early January to late February in the year prior to planned studies in Hungary.
If you are interested in this prestigious scholarship program then you must try for it to pursue a bright career. However, with a view to getting updates of such scholarship information from different developed countries, stay tuned to this website. Do not forget to share your opinion in the comment section. Wishing you luck!