Studying abroad can be a life-changing experience for students. From upgrading your global network to experiencing a new culture, your education and career benefits are significant. Thus, you will be able to improve your language skills, experience a different style of teaching, enhance your network, learn about new cultures and perspectives, develop your confidence, witness the external world as well as discover career opportunities abroad. But unfortunately, due to the financial crisis, many scholars are not capable enough to maintain the expense of lifestyle and education abroad. Hence, with an aim to solving this problem, a scholarship program inaugurated at the Utrecht University of Netherlands called the Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship. Therefore, if you are keen to study abroad with one of the prestigious scholarships in the Netherlands then read the whole article to get a crystal clear idea.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is a fully-funded master’s scholarship for international students. The funds for the scholarship materialized from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund and from contributions by Utrecht University alumni. In addition, The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers several outstanding prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University. Eventually, this scholarship program enhances and uplifts your ability to build a bright future of yours.
Host Institution: The Utrecht University of Netherlands
Level of Study: Masters in all subjects taught at Utrecht University
International Bachelor’s Programs
- Economics and Business Economics
- Liberal Arts & Sciences at University College Utrecht (different procedures apply for UCU applicants, please proceed to the UCU website)
- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- Global Sustainability Science
Number of Scholarship
20-25 scholarships will be available for 2021-2022, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools. Selected students receive a scholarship for the duration of the degree program, which is a maximum of three years for a Bachelor’s degree and two years for a master’s degree. Besides, The scholarship only renews for the second year if the student can make satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Depends on the program (approximately between 5.000 and 17.000 euro)
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship is awarded for the coverage of
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses (approximately 11.000 euro)
However, the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship based on the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation).
- The quality of the application for the Master’s program itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
- Further, applicants can’t have Dutch or an EU/EEA nationality and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Applicants must hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma.
- Undergraduate students have to admit to the Bachelor’s program in Economics and Business Economics, Philosophy, Politics, and Economics, Global Sustainability Science or to University College Utrecht.
- Hold a relevant secondary school diploma for a Bachelor’s program
- Finally, Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa.
If anyone is incapable to meet one or more of these criteria then it indicates that the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
The selection committee of the program will select eligible candidates based on the selection criteria mentioned above. The selected candidates will be informed through email. Moreover, An oral interview can be taken if the selection board considers it necessary.
How to Apply?
- Firstly, fill the online application form. Click this link to get the Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click ‘on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested documents.
- Lastly, submit your online application form.
Prospective students who wish to win the scholarship must apply before January every year. Please note that in some cases applicants may need to apply before 1 December. Before fulfilling the online application form, kindly check the given deadline.
Utrecht University Excellence Scholarship program is highly competitive. Only candidates showing the highest achievement and promise may receive this scholarship. So, after reading the above article at a glance, it is conspicuous that the Netherlands is a unique non-Anglophone country, where approximately 95% of locals speak in English. This aspect makes living, studying, and working in the Netherlands very convenient, and pleasant for international students. Dutch universities are acknowledged worldwide for their well-designed, modern courses and facilities. Moreover, The Utrecht University of Netherlands is ranked as the number 1 university at the national level and 71 at the international level. So achieving education with a scholarship from this university will be a matter of veneration. Hence, if you are eligible for this scholarship, then go for it. Get more scholarship updates from here. You can spread useful information by sharing these articles. Best wishes to you.