Studying with a scholarship is an appreciative and prestigious way to achieve education. The reason is scholarship enlightens the magnificent and outstanding academic achievements of a student. It demonstrates that the student is exceptionally capable to participate in developmental global activities through their innovative ideas. Nevertheless, due to the inadequacy of money, many scholars across the globe can’t legitimately take proper education. With a view to helping those scholars, many rich personalities and organizations come forward to support them. Educating those scholars, they want them to do something better and innovative for society. However, I am going to enrich your knowledge about a prestigious scholarship in the USA named ‘University Of George Calvin Coolidge Scholarship’. Let’s jump right in.
The Coolidge Scholarship is a scholarship opportunity for US citizens to achieve their dreams of acquiring higher studies. They are awarded annually in full taking care of a student’s tuition fee, room and board expenses, and expenses for the undergraduate program. The beneficial thing about this scholarship is that you can apply for any course or subject resulting in being open for all kinds of students. Junior high school students from all over the US apply. Students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship during their junior year of high school.
Finalists are flown in for a finalist weekend at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont where they interview with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury. Recipients of the Coolidge Scholarship of USA are notified of their award in late May of their junior year, before college application. The main criterion that distinguishes Coolidge Scholars therefore is academic excellence. Secondary criteria include demonstrated interest in public policy; an appreciation for the values Coolidge championed; as well as humility, service, and leadership.
Although only a few students are named Coolidge Scholars each year, one hundred of the top Coolidge Scholarships applicants are named “Coolidge Senators”. Coolidge Senators are invited and all their expenses are paid to participate in the Senators Summit that takes place each summer in Washington, D.C. At the Summit, the Senators explore the nation’s capital, learn about President Coolidge, and meet other high-achieving students from across the country.
Value of scholarship
The total dollar amount provided varies from year to year but averages about $33,000 annually for a small number of selected scholars.
The Coolidge Scholarship of the USA is the most generous college scholarship among all available all over the world. The funds will cover a student’s full tuition, room, and board, and required fees for four years of undergraduate study. The Scholarship funds also provide an annual stipend for books and supplies. The recipient will be able to pay for their various educational expenses and accomplish their goals. But of course, the large sum of money contributed does the hard work of overcoming economic imbalances in America that continually plague college hopefuls.
- Candidates must intend to enrol full-time at an accredited US college or university as an undergraduate for the first time.
- Students in their junior year of high school, or the equivalent of homeschooled, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are high school juniors but take some courses at a local college are indeed eligible to apply for the Coolidge Scholarship.
- Must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States of America by the scholarship deadline.
- Candidates cannot be the immediate family member of any current employee or trustee of the Coolidge Scholars Program or the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation.
- The main admissible criteria is to be excellent in Academics.
- Candidates goal must be to attend a four-year fully accredited college or university in The United States.
- Candidates must submit all required documents before the deadline.
To be applicable for the scholarship program, applicants must submit an online application form by providing all the mandatory credentials. The required documents to make their applications complete are-
- SAT/ACT Score Cards, PSAT Score.
- School Transcript, including all AP courses.
- Two Essays: One no longer than 600 words and another no longer than 800 words. Once you start the process, you will get the prompts.
- A two-page resume documenting any jobs held and the experience gained from them. Also include information and career paths you have in mind.
- 2 Recommendation Letters: One letter must be from a teacher, and another must be from a member of the community who knows you well but is not related to you.
- Supporting Documents: All the supporting documents will be listed in the application form along with the recommendation/reference from students.
- Language Requirements: No need of any specific language requirements. Nevertheless, applicants should have English language proficiency.
To apply for this prestigious scholarship, visit their official website.
To recapitulate, it can be said that the University of George Calvin Coolidge Scholarship is an exalted scholarship of the USA. This scholarship makes your education and career goals easier by removing financial barriers. If you have outstanding academic capabilities, then you can also try for this grant opportunity. Anyways, If you found this article informative, please spread it up on social media platforms. For further reading of didactic posts like this, keep in touch with this website. Good luck to you.