|University of Göttingen • Göttingen||6 Semesters|
|PhD, Dr sc agr, Dr forest, Dr rer nat (doctoral studies with a focus on natural sciences), or Dr rer pol (doctoral studies with a focus on economic sciences)||Onsite|
Doctoral candidates in the RTG 2300 must earn 24 ECTS in a study program consisting of the following:
- an introductory excursion to obtain a general understanding of the overall research question and become familiar with the research sites
- courses on expert knowledge to acquire supplementary knowledge depending on their academic background, their interests, and career goals
- courses on method competence to complement their methodological competencies and acquire competencies relevant for their (academic) career and their future leading positions
- Ph.D. seminars from both the RTG 2300 and the respective PIs working group, in which doctoral candidates will learn to present and defend their research design, progress and results in front of an academic audience and to interact in academic discourses by critically reflecting and discussing their fellow Ph.D. students’ research projects
- internationality and networking help students to obtain experience by their attending international conferences, preparing visiting scholars’ stays and chairing their talks as well as by attending meetings with potential employers
International guest lecturers
The acceptance and supervision of associate members is subject to the same criteria and requirements as for doctoral researchers funded by RTG funds.
By the time of appointment, the successful candidate must have already completed a very good MSc degree (minimum 2.0 on the German grade scale or equivalent) in ecological sciences, biological sciences, forest sciences, or a related field. Furthermore, the candidate must be willing to collaborate in larger teams and travel to field sites. Fluency in English is required as well as the willingness of foreign applicants to learn some German. Further admission requirements can be found on the homepage of the Graduate School Forest and Agricultural Sciences (GFA): http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/application+and+enrolment/532016.html.
To apply, students need to find a professor at the University of Göttingen who is willing to supervise their research. This research must be related to the research focus of the RTG 2300. If you are interested, please contact the scientific coordinator, Serena Müller.
Free of ost
Very good proficiency in English is required. Applicants must provide proof of their English skills.
English: TOEFL: iBT at least 81 points; IELTS: band 6; or Cambridge English Scale: min. 160 points
The University of Göttingen is an internationally renowned research university. Founded in 1737 in the Age of Enlightenment, the University is committed to the values of social responsibility of science, democracy, tolerance, and justice. It offers a comprehensive range of subjects across 13 faculties: in the natural sciences, humanities, social sciences, and medicine. With over 30,000 students and offering up to 212-degree programs, the University is one of the largest in Germany.
The official deadline for the second cohort of Ph.D. students: 2 August 2020
This deadline might be extended. Please check our website for more information.