|Norwegian School of Economics||2 Years|
Availability of large amounts of data creates new possibilities and challenges for businesses, and the ability to make good decisions based on big data is a critical factor for survival in the modern economy. Therefore, business analytics skills are in high demand in the modern job market.
In this major you will learn programming and data management, how to use statistical tools in order to explore and deduct patterns from data, how to use optimization and simulation tools to support better decision making in practical situations, and how to employ tools like machine learning and artificial intelligence for automated decision support.
You will have the opportunity to learn how to apply analytical tools to practical decision-making situations in operations management, marketing and pricing, finance, accounting, and auditing, and you will also develop your communicative and collaborative skills by participating in team projects and by presenting your findings.
The compulsory courses provide you with knowledge and skills about the following core areas:
- Programming (7.5 ECTS). Either BAN400, R Programming for Data Science or BAN401, Applied programming and data analysis for business.
- Predictive analytics (7.5 ECTS). BAN404
- Business modelling and prescriptive analytics (15 ECTS). You will learn how to use optimization models for decision support (BAN402) and how to use simulation to analyze and improve business processes (BAN403).
The major broadly covers the following areas:
- Programming skills for data handling and problem-solving in business.
- Data analysis. Statistical learning and predictive analytics for learning and extrapolating from data.
- Business modeling and prescriptive analytics. Using optimization models and simulations for decision support, analysis, and improving business processes.
For More Information About Business Analytics: Visit Here
- Bachelor’s degree: 90 ECTS must be within economics and business administration. Your GPA should correspond approximately to a B on the ECTS grading scale.
- GMAT or GRE
- English language requirement
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Documentation of financial ability: All citizens outside the EU/EEA-area and Switzerland must document financial ability.
- Documentation of identity
- Online video and written assessment
The Norwegian School of Economics or NHH is a business school situated in Bergen, Norway. It was founded in 1936 as Norway’s first business school and has since its establishment been a leading teaching and research institution in the fields of economics and business administration.
Application deadline: 15 February (midnight CET)