|The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation||2 Years|
|United Kingdom||Full Time|
Brief Overview of Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most venerated international scholarships in the world. The inauguration year of this award program was in October 2000 by a donation of US $210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge. Moreover, this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. Outstanding applicants receive this scholarship from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Number of Awards:
About 80 scholarships are available for recipients each year.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge University.
This scholarship not only covers tuition fees but also provides maintenance allowance, travel costs as well as visas expenses. Moreover, it offers additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family and fieldwork allowance, Maternity/Paternity funding, etc.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: Ph.D., MSc or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course.
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA) courses are not included in this award criteria.
Applications open in September every year. Applicants have to submit their applications for admission as well as funding via the university’s graduate application portal. However, to get consideration for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course.
There are two application deadlines for this scholarship.
- Mid October for US citizens resident in the USA
- Early December or early January depending on the course for all other eligible applicants.
However, for more details and to apply online, visit their official website.
If you want to be enlightened by getting different scholarship information later, you can visit this section daily.