|Jacobs University Bremen||6 Semesters|
Human life expectancy and quality of life has been dramatically increased over the last hundred years and is directly connected to the rise of modern medicine. The Medicinal Chemistry & Chemical Biology (MCCB) program places the student at the forefront of the revolutionary efforts now underway to understand and treat disease. The program provides a fundamental understanding of the drug-body interaction, from the molecular to the macromolecular level, allowing the identification and exploitation of bioactive molecules. The topics will range from drug discovery, molecular docking, drug delivery, and resistance, to the intricacies of refining our knowledge of drug target and function within molecular biology.
Your studies in MCCB will also comprise early research involvement. This flagship program is based on an innovative, multidisciplinary approach encompassing life scientists, chemists, biophysicists, and biotechnologists
All programs are individually structured. Every student is assigned to a specific professor within the program or an adjacent program for academic advice. The goal of academic advising is to provide detailed information to students concerning the program of study and to help students manage their time at university to their best advantage.
- International guest lecturers
- Training in intercultural skills
- International comparisons and thematic reference to the international context
- Language training provided
- Completed application form – The Common Application: https://www.commonapp.org/
- one recommendation letter from a school official (usually a school counselor or principal)
- school transcripts of the last two to three years
- results of your standardized test(s) (SAT, ACT, TestAS)
- results of your language proficiency test(s) (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, Duolingo, etc.)
A list of all accepted English language proficiency tests and the minimum scores can be found here: https://www.jacobs-university.de/study/undergraduate/application-information
Jacobs University Bremen (abbreviated JU Bremen or JU) is an international, private, residential, doctorate-granting research university located in Vegesack, Bremen, State of Bremen, Germany. It offers study programs in engineering, humanities, natural and social sciences, in which students can acquire bachelor’s, masters or doctorate degrees.
Furthermore, the university offers a preparatory program – the Foundation Year. Jacobs University’s students come from more than 120 countries. With about 80% of foreign students  and approx. 33% of international faculty members, Jacobs University is one of the most international universities.
To be considered for admission to an undergraduate program, you need to apply by the following deadlines:
– Early decision: application due by 1 November
– Early action I: application due by 1 December
– Early action II: application due by 1 February
– Application due by 1 June for international students (who require a visa to enter and study in Germany)
– Application due by 20 July for EU/EEA citizens and citizens who do not require a visa
For more information, please check our website: https://www.jacobs-university.de/study/undergraduate/application-information