|Jacobs University Bremen||6 Semesters|
Mathematics as a fundamental science ranges from algebra, analysis, geometry, and topology to applications of immediate practical importance (for example, modeling fluids using partial differential equations). Mathematics often finds intriguing practical applications in surprising areas: number theory is used in cryptography, dynamical systems and wavelets are successfully employed in engineering, and mathematical game theory was the basis for Nobel Prize-winning economic research.
The program also includes elements of applied and computational mathematics. Maths students at Jacobs University participate in research groups together with graduate students and faculty, and many have even written research articles. One key element in our education is that we do not just teach courses to students, but accompany them as individuals throughout their education and help them achieve their personal goals.
All programs are individually structured. Every student is assigned to a specific professor within the program or an adjacent program for academic advice. The goal of academic advising is to provide detailed information to students concerning the program of study and to help students manage their time at university to their best advantage.
- International guest lecturers
- Training in intercultural skills
- International comparisons and thematic reference to the international context
- Language training provided
- Completed application form – The Common Application: https://www.commonapp.org/
- one recommendation letter from a school official (usually a school counselor or principal)
- school transcripts of the last two to three years
- results of your standardized test(s) (SAT, ACT, TestAS)
- results of your language proficiency test(s) (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, Duolingo, etc.)
A list of all accepted English language proficiency tests and the minimum scores can be found here: https://www.jacobs-university.de/study/undergraduate/application-information
Jacobs University Bremen (abbreviated JU Bremen or JU) is an international, private, residential, doctorate-granting research university located in Vegesack, Bremen, State of Bremen, Germany. It offers study programs in engineering, humanities, natural and social sciences, in which students can acquire bachelor’s, masters or doctorate degrees.
Furthermore, the university offers a preparatory program – the Foundation Year. Jacobs University’s students come from more than 120 countries. With about 80% of foreign students  and approx. 33% of international faculty members, Jacobs University is one of the most international universities.
To be considered for admission to an undergraduate program, you need to apply by the following deadlines:
– Early decision: application due by 1 November
– Early action I: application due by 1 December
– Early action II: application due by 1 February
– Application due by 1 June for international students (who require a visa to enter and study in Germany)
– Application due by 20 July for EU/EEA citizens and citizens who do not require a visa
For more information, please check our website: https://www.jacobs-university.de/study/undergraduate/application-information