|SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences||7 Semesters|
|Bachelor of Arts||Onsite|
During the internationally recognized Bachelor’s degree program in Photography, you will research the inexhaustible depths of image design, enjoying creative freedom and discovering your own style.
You will acquire a profound understanding of the use of modern and traditional techniques of photography. You will create your own artistic projects and learn how to professionally carry out assignments in line with customers’ briefs.
You will be qualified in designing image content and aesthetic effects in a conscious and targeted way, allowing you to convey emotions and visual messages.
At the design Akademie berlin in the Aufbau Haus, you will have access to the latest camera and studio technology, spacious studios and high-performing computers for digital image processing.
Skilled university teachers will support you throughout the course of your studies – you will be encouraged and challenged.
Read More: How to apply for a scholarship in Russia
Types of assessment
Types of assessment can vary from presentations to practical projects and exams.
The fourth semester is the mobility period (in Germany or abroad).
Application of photographic design skills for communication in an organizational context (image editing, applied/independent photographer, advertising agency, post-production, company, a non-profit organisation, among others)
- General higher education entrance qualification (“Abitur”) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (“Fachhochschulreife”)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Portfolio with 15 to 20 artistic works of your own
- Health insurance certificate (must be handed in no later than 1 April / 1 October)
- Passport copy (photo page only)
The entire program is held in English. The following English proficiency tests are accepted:
- TOEFL 87 iBT
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- IELTS (academic) 6.5
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 Points
- B2 First: 173
Test results must not be older than 24 months. All documents will be reviewed.
Native speakers of English do not have to provide an English proficiency test. For applicants with a university degree completed in English, an exception can be made as well. Requests for such an exception should be directed to us by e-mail.
At its innovative location at Aufbau Haus in the Kreuzberg neighborhood of Berlin, design Akademie berlin, SRH Hochschule für Kommunikation und Design, is a state-approved private university that has been offering German- and English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in communication and design since 2007.
The integration of practical projects, regular participation in competitions, close cooperation with project partners from the science and business communities, and individual support communities, and individual support help set us apart from other universities.
- February for the following summer semester (Beginning 1 April)
- August for the following winter semester (Beginning 1 October)
- March for the following summer semester (Beginning 1 April)
- September for the following winter semester (Beginning 1 October)