|SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences||7 Semesters|
|Bachelor of Arts||Onsite|
This Bachelor’s program educates students in the diverse fields of advertising, as well as, the related fields of marketing, consumer behavior, and market research. The curriculum brings together empirical research, brand planning and innovation strategies on the one hand and visual, verbal and audiovisual communication on the other.
Solid theoretical knowledge is balanced with practical projects. The individual projects are based on actual briefings, contributed directly by advertising agencies, commercial enterprises or cultural and social businesses. Furthermore, all professors and teachers have a strong industry background and are continuously active in their individual fields.
This internationally recognized BA program in Advertising prepares students for careers in advertising agencies, marketing, and advertising departments as well as in media companies and cultural businesses. You will also be able to access numerous postgraduate and Master’s programs.
Possibility of finding part-time employment
- If you possess a valid German residence permit for study purposes, you are allowed to work for up to 120 full days (full day = eight hours per day) or 240 half days (half-day = four hours per day) during the calendar year.
- In order to support you in finding accommodation in Berlin, we have compiled a number of tips on city districts, helpful websites or Facebook groups and on the documents, you should bring with you to view an apartment.
APPLICATION + ADMISSION
To start the B.A. Advertising you need a higher education entrance qualification or proof of professional qualification/experience in accordance with Section 11 of the Berlin Higher Education Act. You can apply in writing or online to participate in a two-stage selection process. In order to provide a clearer image of your existing knowledge, please fill out the written admission test, which you will find on our website. During the second stage, we will then invite you to a personal interview.
TUITION AND FUNDING
The monthly tuition fee is €650. A one-off matriculation fee of € 750 is payable
upon registration. The bachelor program is recognized by BaföG (German federal financial student grants). Students may also apply to banks or to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederauf-bau (KfW) for educational loans. The design academy berlin regularly awards the full scholarship.
The design Akademie berlin, SRH Hochschule für Kommunikation und Design, has been a leading Berlin institution for practical teaching for twenty years. As an officially approved private university of applied science, we provide an innovative location at the Aufbau Haus in Kreuzberg. We are part of a strong network – the SRH Hochschulverbund: The design Akademie berlin is one of ten SRH Hochschulen educating over 12.000 students. The partner is SRH Higher Education.
- Academic Admission RequirementsGeneral higher education entrance qualification (“Abitur”) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (“Fachhochschulreife”)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Portfolio with 10 of your own artistic works
- Admission Test
- Health insurance certificate (must be handed in no later than 1 April / 1 October)
- Passport copy (photo page only)
The entire program is held in English. The following English proficiency tests are accepted:
- TOEFL 87 iBT
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- IELTS (academic) 6.5
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 Points
- B2 First: 173
Test results must not be older than 24 months. All documents will be reviewed.
Innovative location at Aufbau Haus in the Kreuzberg neighborhood of Berlin, design Akademie berlin, SRH Hochschule für Kommunikation und Design is a state-approved private university that has been offering German- and English-language Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in communication and design since 2007.
The integration of practical projects, regular participation in competitions, close cooperation with project partners from the science and business communities, and individual support help set us apart from other universities.
As a leading provider of educational services, SRH operates universities, schools, and professional training centers. Design Akademie berlin is one of ten universities within the group with a total of about 12,000 students.
- February for the following summer semester (Beginning 1 April)
- August for the following winter semester (Beginning 1 October)
- March for the following summer semester (Beginning 1 April)
- September for the following winter semester (Beginning 1 October)